The weeks and months leading up to your wedding can be some of the busiest of your life. Between planning the big day’s details and ensuring everything is in order, it can be hard to find time for yourself. But don’t forget about your skin! Here are a few tips for keeping your skin looking gorgeous during your busy wedding preparation period.
Pre-wedding skin treatments
Wedding skin care is often overlooked in the midst of all the planning and stress that goes into preparing for the big day. However, taking care of your skin leading up to and during your wedding is important so that you look and feel your best on your special day. Here are some tips to help you get started:
Start early: Don’t wait until the last minute to start thinking about your skincare routine. Instead, begin a simple daily routine of cleansing, toning, and moisturizing at least six weeks before the wedding. This will help ensure that your skin is well-hydrated and ready to face the challenges of makeup application and photos.
Choose products carefully: When selecting skin care products, be sure to choose those appropriate for your skin type. For example, avoid products with harsh chemicals or fragrances if you have sensitive skin. Opt for gentle, hypoallergenic formulas instead.
Don’t forget sunscreen: Be sure to apply sunscreen daily, even if you don’t plan on spending time outdoors. In addition, many makeup products now contain SPF protection, so look for foundation, powder, and other cosmetics that offer this added benefit.
Get regular facials: Schedule a few professional facials in the months leading up to your wedding day. This will help deep clean your pores and remove any dead skin cells that could cause your makeup to look cakey or flaky.
Drink plenty of water: In addition to using topical skin care products, staying hydrated from the inside out is important. Drink eight glasses of water per day and avoid sugary drinks that can dehydrate your skin.
Get enough sleep: Wedding planning can be stressful, but get at least seven hours of sleep each night. This will help reduce under-eye circles and give your skin a chance to repair any damage from the day.
Eat healthy: A healthy diet is good for your overall health but can also do wonders for your skin. Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, and lean protein to help keep your skin looking its best.
Following these tips can help ensure that your skin looks and feels great on your wedding day. Then, with a little care and preparation, you’ll be ready to walk down the aisle looking radiant.
DIY skincare treatments for bride-to-be’s
The big day is coming up, and you want to look your best. But with all the preparations, finding time to pamper yourself is hard. Luckily, there are some simple skincare treatments you can do at home that will leave you feeling refreshed and beautiful.
- Make a honey and oatmeal mask. Honey is a natural antibacterial agent, so it’s great for acne-prone skin. Oatmeal will help to exfoliate and soothe your skin. Just mix 2 tablespoons of honey and 1/2 cup of oatmeal, and apply to your face for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
- Give yourself a facial massage. This is a great way to relax and reduce stress. Just use your fingertips to massage your face in small, circular motions. Start at your forehead and work your way down to your chin.
- Use a homemade scrub. Sugar or salt scrubs are great for exfoliating your skin. Just mix 1/2 cup of sugar or salt with 2 tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil. Apply to your face and massage for a minute or two before rinsing off with warm water.
- Make a banana mask. Bananas are packed with vitamins and minerals that are great for your skin. Just mash up one banana and apply it to your face for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
- Use a yogurt mask. Yogurt contains lactic acid, which helps to exfoliate and brighten your skin. Just apply plain yogurt to your face for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
- Apply an egg white mask. Egg whites are great for tightening and toning your skin. Whisk together 2 egg whites and apply to your face for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
- Make a rosewater toner. Rosewater is a natural astringent that will help to cleanse and tone your skin. Just mix 1/2 cup of rosewater with 1/4 cup of witch hazel. Apply to your face with a cotton ball.
- Sip on green tea. Green tea is packed with antioxidants that are good for your skin. Just drink 2-3 cups of green tea per day.
- Get enough sleep. Getting enough sleep is essential for maintaining healthy skin. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep per night.